Monday 11 March 2013

Mainboard with chips?

Crazy weekend!  I was sweating at one point.

My lovely copy of Visual Studio Express hung during the deployment to the ArgonR1 mainboard.  Not to worry, reboot the computer and ArgonR1 and then deploy again.  Wrong.

The laptop wouldn't talk to the ArgonR1.  Was it fried?  Oh no!

I read on the forums it was best to re-flash the ArgonR1's firmware.  Great, downloaded the firmware and was ready to reset using Microsoft's MFDeploy.


Oh no, MFDeploy could not talk to the mainboard!  How then to recover?

All drivers deleted and re-installed, computer rebooted and still no joy!

Saturday blown, Sunday I was super worried.  Was the board dead?

I inspected the board just to see if there was something physically wrong with it ... that was the trick!!!

TOP TIP:  If your Gadgeteer Mainboard won't accept the deployment then do:

  1. Disconnect your Mainboard from it's power source
  2. Disconnect all modules ... except the computer power & communication module of course :)
  3. Power up the board and all will be good
Then board was the talking to MFDeploy, yea!  It was alive, I was very happy!  

With MFDeploy you can delete the current deployment, haha top idea!  Given there was some weird half deployment on the board that seemed a top idea :)

Then Visual Studio was as happy as me and was uploading programs to the ArgonR1 again :)

Excellent, I didn't have to re-flash the firmware or any other of those "risky" style operations, how fantastic.  

I love this little ArgonR1 board :)

No comments:

Post a Comment