Saturday 16 February 2013

Soldering fun

Finally back from my travels and back into the Drone :)


The Gadgeteer Prototyping board from Love Electronics allows a connection from the Gadgeteer main board into your own electronics.  You have to create your own Gadgeteer model however that looks relatively simple.  Fantastic!  

I have the sensors boards which I'll breadboard into the Prototype board for flexibility. I'm going to first try creating a Gadgeteer Gyroscopic sensor module :)

So I have my lovely sensor board from Love Electronics, time to solder some pins to it.  It's been quite a while since I've soldered however once back in the swing it was OK ... ish :)

Top tip for anyone, get the right end for your soldering iron!!!  




The original one was a chisel type which I discovered was too thick, then I tried a pin point one.  Much better, although it took far too long to transfer heat into the solder.

So I tried to solder the pins to the board, it was OK.


Not the best soldering however it was all electrically OK.  Yes now the pins are on the board!

Now to get the sensor onto a breadboard and hook it up on the Gadgeteer prototyping board.

I thought I'd tried another tip for the soldering iron.  Yes a thin chisel was the best :)

The jumper strip had to be soldered onto the prototype board and that was a dream with the new thin chisel.


End result: I now have my electronics for my Gadgeteer sensor.  Time to write the module software :)

No comments:

Post a Comment